I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop about grilled chicken recipes has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. During the summer we spend a lot of time outdoors, attending different sporting events, to include my own tennis matches, fishing and spending days at the beach. During the summer when bedtimes are extended, our family really values eating dinner together and then having some sort of family activity afterwards. So we need easy grilled chicken recipes for the summer. This salad that has blended some of our favorite foods together in a one of our favorite light and delicious chicken recipes.
One of our favorite family activities in the summer is to watch movies. There is a drive in movie theater near our home, so that is a great way to get out of the house and enjoy the summer weather. I like it because you can pack a picnic dinner and eat it while you tailgate before the movies. This way we can still have some family time and not just be stuck in front of the screen. We are very excited about seeing the new movie BLENDED, coming out May 23rd. This movie stars Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. The previews look really funny and a great family movie.
I decided I would blend some of our favorite flavors together in an easy and delicious chicken recipe that is perfect for transporting to the movies. I have not gotten to the best part yet, this recipe is super easy because you get to skip the step of actually grilling the chicken. Look what I found at our local Walmart Store. Tyson Grilled and Ready products just need to be warmed up, as they are cooked all the way through.
The most tedious thing about this recipe is chopping all the veggies. Really how hard is this. If you have fussy eaters you can have the kids assemble their own salads based on the flavors they enjoy. Go ahead and have individual plastic ware to create individual salads to pack along with you to movies or make one large salad.
This salad is best made an hour before eating to allow all the flavors to meld, although I did taste it right after I assembled it and it was delicious.
Did I mention some of us will be going to see the movie free too. Tyson Grilled and Ready products are currently offering the #TysonMovieTicket promotion. Simply purchase 2 specially marked packages of Tyson Grilled and Ready Products and you can redeem them for free tickets to the movie BLENDED.. Check out Tyson, for more details and recipe ideas inspired by this Blended Promotion.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad adapted from Ina Garten
- 8-10 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, seeded, cored, and 1/2-inch-diced ( I used plum and did not core or seed them
- 1 hothouse cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and 1/2-inch-diced
- 1 can or jar chickpeas, rinsed and drained (white beans would work too)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley (to taste)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 8 ounces good feta cheese, 1/2-inch-diced
- 1 bag of Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Chunks
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing gently to coat all the vegetables. Add the feta and chicken , sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and toss gently.
What are your favorite Family summer activities?