As one of the Good Cook participating bloggers, I was asked to select some great good cook kitchen items and built my ideal drawer. All the opinions expressed are 100% my own. Be sure to check back here on June 2 to see what Close to Home choose to fill our drawer and participate in the contest by adding your items to the sweepstakes. Good Cook is having an amazing Kitchen Drawer Giveaway in June and you don’t want to miss a thing including amazing recipes like this Avocado Key Lime Pie recipe I made using my favorite good cook items.
Here is where you can find these items yourself and goodcook.com
a. SMART Ice cream scoop: Can’t wait to scoop out loads of ice cream this summer
b. Flip Measuring spoon: A great way to save space in your drawer by eliminating all the extra spoons.
c. Safe-cut Can Opener: This is so easy to work with and best of all no sharp edges on your cans.
d. Egg Separator: I had never used one before but came in handy in a recipe I will be featuring soon.
e. Pot Clip Holder: Another item I had never used before but keeps your spoon and mess off your stovetop.
I made this One Pot well Blender Dessert using many of my 5 items listed below. Thanks to Allrecipes.com I made this The Best Lemon Lime Avocado Pie. Don’t be thrown off by the avocado, you don’t even know it is there. The flavor very much resembles a Key Lime Pie Recipe.
Using our flip measuring spoon to add our lemon and lime juices. I love that there are not dangling spoons.
Love these can openers that don’t leave sharp edges.
Just blend all the ingredients in your blender, (one pot) and place it in the pre-made graham Cracker crust. Allow your Avocado Key Lime Pie cool for a few hours and enjoy. This Avodcado Key iIme Pie Recipe is best eaten on the same day.
Avocado Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados - peeled, seeded, and mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup whipped cream, or as desired
- Blend avocados, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, lime juice, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth; pour into prepared pie crust. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Top with whipped cream to serve.
- Be sure to eat same day you make it as it does start to get darker and have a different flavor