This post about back to school meal ideas was possible by the promotional items given by Nature’s Own. All the opinions expressed are 100% my own. Back to School should not be that stressful and with the help of Nature’s Own products kids and moms can get creative in the kitchen with these back to school meal ideas like this easy Egg Breakfast casserole. Nature’s Own is America’s favorite soft variety bread, providing an array of delicious baked goods that cater to every taste and dietary need and is made with nature’s best ingredients and free of any artificial preservatives, colors and flavors.
We are not a gluten-free family. Check out the great assortment of Nature’s Own products from bagels to hot dog buns to a wide range of sandwich breads.
Send off the kids with this hearty egg casserole recipe is prepared the night before and cooked in the morning. It does take an hour to bake so mom needs to be an early riser. This recipe come directly from my mom who has been making it for years, unfortunately after we were no longer in school.
Worried about the hour baking time, I think it tastes just as good the next day cut up and heated slightly in the microwave. This recipe is so easy my 12 year old made the entire thing.
The recipe calls for white bread and I am so glad to use Nature’s Own White Wheat which looks like white bread but has the added benefits of a whole wheat bread.
This could not be simplier, butter the bread, layer with cheese, how can you resist this yet?
Then pour the egg mixture over the layers and allow it to sit overnight.
It comes out of the oven super puffy but then falls down. I am not impressed with the photos but you get the idea.
Allow it to cool before cutting and you will get nicely shaped sizes.
The second recipe comes from my 8 year old. He wanted grilled cheese with bacon sandwiches. I love making these with Nature’s Own assortment of wheat breads.
Someone is smiling now, school has not started:)
- 10 slices of White Bread, crusts cut off,
- 1 Stick of Butter, softened
- Garlic Salt
- 3 cups of cheese (I use a mixture of swiss and cheddar)
- EGG MIXTURE
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups of Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt and 1/4 pepper ( I like white pepper)
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
- butter bread slices and sprinkle with garlic salt and cut into cubes
- Alternate cheese and bread, one layer bread cubes one layer of cheese for 4 layers in a 9x13 pyrex dish
- Pour the Egg Mixture evenly over the layers
- Cover and put in fridge for 24 hours.
- Bake Uncovered for 1 hour at 350 Degrees.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing
- this is good warmed up in microwave for leftovers.
One lucky reader will win 6 Free Product Coupons for Nature’s Own Products. Please enter the Rafflecopter Below.