As soon as Halloween is over, it is full blown pie making season in our house. Last Thanksgiving I ended up making 6 pies. Long story but I had run out of pie dishes and really could have made some of the pie recipes before hand and froze. I guess you live and learn. I could not resist the beautiful Granny Smith Apples at the market this week and decided to make this Amazing Apple Pie recipe in my new Floral Lace 6-pc Baking Set by temp-tations – perfect for Fall pumpkin or apple pies. Thanks to temp-tations for sponsoring this post but all the opinions are 100% my own.
I have worked with Tara from temp-tations before but on the baking side, you can see the review of her mail order baked goods business, Tasty Treats By Tara here, but now I am baking in her kitchenware that is not only practical but also beautiful.
This stoneware is not only save for the oven but is Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Microwave and Freezer safe! Talk about an all in one products. I decided to try this bakeware our in this amazing apple pie recipe I adapted from Allrecipes. com. I made it in the larger of the pie dishes but look forward to making individual pot pies or other dips in the smaller sizes. Super cute and great for dinner parties.
Start with 4-5 large sized baking apples, I choose Granny Smith apples for this apple pie recipe.
I also used premade crusts which cut down on prep time. See the unique imprint of the interior of the temp-tations bakeware. It matches the blue outer color.
My filling did not work out per the recipe. Once again caramel got the best of me. But the sugar combination liquified while baking.
Not the pest lattice job but it does the job. I think the temp-tations bakeware makes it look better anyway.
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced ( I used 4 large apples)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer. Add cinamon, clove all spice and vanilla
- 2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples that have been mixed with the sugar mixture. Add the crust and brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- 3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
- Allow to cool fully before serving.
Do you like to bake apple pies in glass, bakeware or tin pans??