I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms MeetSM blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of the product.
Can you just say OMG right now. My family has never been so excited about a blog recipe as they were for this submission of the Bananas Foster Pudding Pie Recipe for the Chiquita Banana Cooking Lab Contest. This is a super fun contest that has weekly winners so you don’t have to wait very long to see if you have been picked.
Now wait to pull out your favorite banana bread quite yet, each week there are 3 ingredients you need to include in your recipe to qualify. I will show you how easy this is to submit your recipe then I will share this Bananas foster pie with you. Head over to the Chiquita Banana Cooking Lab to get started. Who knows maybe your grandma’s recipe will be worth $4000.
Now for the recipe you have been waiting for, this is an amazing pie and even better it is very easy to make. My husband asked me to make more of these next time we had leftover bananas. Pudding was made with low-fat milk so it’s good for you too right??
This is the start of a great dessert by itself. The Banana’s Foster part. Heck you might just want to pile this on some vanilla ice cream for a dessert another night.
I love the addition of the Hazelnut Spread on the chocolate cookie pie crust. I am not afraid to use a premade crust.
Allow this to cool before making your pudding layer. Just 30 minutes in the fridge should be enough.
Don’t you love the decoration on this pie. Just melted hazelnut spread and some extra coconut. Looks too good to eat. WELL>>>
I did not have enough to take a good cut photo, the kids devoured this at dinner.
Bananas Foster Pudding Pie Recipe
Look at those yummy layers, you know you want a bite right?? Be sure and see what the ingredients are for this week’s Chiquita Banana Food Lab Contest.
- 1 prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut spread
- 3-4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 8 oz box coconut pudding or vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1 8 oz frozen cool whipped topping
- shredded sweetened coconut (optional)
- Layer 2 tablespoons of Chocolate hazelnut spread onto crust.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter and sugar cooking until slightly thickened and bubbly. Add cinnamon, ginger and bananas, cook until bananas are tender. Pour evenly over set crust. Return to Fridge.
- In bowl, whisk together pudding, milk and until thickened. Carefully spread over banana mixture. and allow to cool
- Cover with whipped topping and shredded coconut and serve the same day.