Homemade Pesto and Pesto and Pea Pasta Salad Recipe
Also here is my Grandma’s Pesto Recipe.-Can easily be doubled
- 2 cups basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Parsely
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbl Pine nuts
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Add basil, parsley, garlic and pine nuts in food processor or blender; Add cheese and dribble in oil until the consistency of creamed butter.
Pesto Pasta and Peas—Ina Garten
- 3/4 pound fusilli pasta
- 3/4 pound bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pesto, packaged or see recipe below
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/3 cup pignolis (pine nuts)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp Black pepper
- Cook the fusilli and bow ties separately in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10 to 12 minutes until each pasta is al dente. Drain and toss into a bowl with the olive oil. Cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree the pesto, spinach, and lemon juice. Add the mayonnaise and puree. Add the pesto mixture to the cooled pasta and then add the Parmesan, peas, pignolis, salt, and pepper. Mix well, season to taste, and serve at room temperature.
- great served room temperature or cold the next day.
Which recipe will you try? Pin this for later!