This shop about best gifts for boys #ItsaDaisy has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. When my son turned 10 he asked for a BB Gun, reluctant as a mother, my husband and I discussed the pro and cons. My husband is a veteran of the Navy so I knew that gun safety would not be an issue, so I agreed this is one of the best gifts for boys who are responsible. Don’t you want your son to say he got a cool christmas present this year? Also be sure to read to the bottom we are giving away $100 Walmart GiftCard!
Not knowing much about BB guns I headed to Walmart with my son and found their selection of Daisy BB Guns. We found a few varieties as well as Daisy BB Gun ammunition and safety glasses. There was a helpful shopper there that had just bought a Daisy for his grandson so he helped us pick the right Daisy for my son, the Red Ryder.
Gun Safety was a big issue for us and I am happy to support a company that has the same values. Daisy educates roughly one million of America’s youth a year through their Ten Lesson Shooting Curriculum about BB gun use and safety (found here)
Gun Ranges: Daisy has engaged the masses with portable, inflatable BB gun ranges that can be found at major outdoor sporting goods retailers and leading conservation organizations. The majority of those who attend the an outdoor or store event and shoot at the ranges are first-time shooters. We actually experienced one of these last year.
There are a few key points we wanted to share before giving your son or daughter a Daisy. These are safety tips for both your child and those around him.
- Store the BB Gun somewhere the kids can not have access. My husband has the gun in his trunk of his car.
- The shooter should always have safety goggles on and any adults or children watching should have at least sunglasses on for protection
- Never shoot without adult supervision
- When carrying the gun, always have it facing down and away from your own body.
- Keep the safety on at all times. I love that our Daisy won’t let you pump unless the safety is on
- When pumping the gun also have it pointing down
- Make sure shooting away from any homes within the shooting range of your BB Gun.
- Have fun and make some Holiday themed targets.
Print off these free Holiday Shooting target printables to add to your gift. A Daisy is the best gifts for boys but need to be given with some safety tips as well.
Just look how proud he is that he shot on the target!!
Want to win your own Daisy BBGun? Enter the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win a $100 Walmart Gift Card to purchase one of the best gifts for boys.
Note: gift cards will not be available before January 2015.