I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This #EatMoreBites shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. I have been making Desserts with pretzels and chocolate since I started this blog, so this is what inspired these Three irresistible Chocolate Easter Dessert Ideas. Really only one chocolate dessert ideas is specific to Easter and the other chocolate desserts can be made all year round. More importantly are made easily with the introduction of Mars Milky Way Simple Caramel Bites. Anytime I don’t have to unwrap a candy, that is a bonus.
Don’t be too surprised if you have trouble finding these delicious chocolate caramel gems. They are brand new and I was finally able to find them at our Walmart Store. They were not in the candy aisle but in a separate cardboard display in the Easter Candy Aisle. After I grabbed two bags of the Milky Way Bites, there were not many left.
Now back to what you are really here for, a few yummy Chocolate Easter Dessert Ideas. While browsing Pinterest I found this Magic Bar recipe and thought how wonderful would they be with the addition of the Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites and Pretzels. I named this new adaptation Salted Caramel Bars.
Magic is not the right word, more like Heaven bars. If it was not for Lent, I may have hidden away the entire pan for myself.
Again this is a super simple dessert recipe as well. We started with a package of sugar cookie mix as the bottom layer. I wish I had put a layer of tin foil down first. Next time.
Next add about 3/4 of the bag of Milkway Simple Caramel Bites, spreading them out evenly. Plus 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
Now what makes them “magic” bars. Add a can of condensed milk over this chocolate combo.
Sprinkle the top of the pan with about 1 cup of broken pretzel sticks and bake. To get an evenly browned pan, I would suggest rotating the pan half way during the bake time.
Allow to cool and cut.
Three irresistible Chocolate Easter Dessert Ideas
Now for the Pretzel treats. This was actually my original recipe idea but I did not love now it turned out so we get a bonus treat.
Like so many chocolate pretzel treats of our past we start with a sheet pan, a pretzel and a piece of chocolate.
For the Bunnies, simply add a pink candy coated chocolate and chocolate sprinkles. You can use a tweezers for the sprinkles.
I could not resist making both Brown and White bunnies.
Now the original chocolate Easter Dessert I had planned with these sweet Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites, Chocolate Pretzel Bites.
Following steps above melt the Milky Way Bites in the oven until softened.
Top with another pretzel, fitting in the same direction.
Once cooled, dip the pretzel half way in white chocolate and add sprinkles if you desire.(you can customize these for any occasion) Cool completely.
Then take a bite.Have I tempted you to try these New Mars Bites?
Which of the Three irresistible Pretzel & Chocolate Easter Dessert Ideas did you like best?
Salted Caramel Bars
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix (plus ingredients needed on pkg)
- 1 pouch Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 can can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Pretzel sticks broken up
- Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a 9 by 13 pan with cooking spray and set aside. Or line it with nonstick foil. Make the cookie mix per the package instructions and press it into the bottom of the pan.
- Top the cookie dough with the Milky Way bars and the chocolate chips. Then pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the bars. Then sprinkle chopped pretzels over the mixtures. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the whole top is a golden brown. (Rotate pan half way through baking for best results)
- Allow to cool completely and then cut into squares. Yummy.