Ever since I had a crock pot, over 9 years, I have made the same slow cooker pilled pork recipe. If you are not familiar with the recipe it is the Crock Pot Pulled Pork Recipe that came with the Crock pot. I am going to have to ditch that old pulled pork recipe at least temporarily as I found an amazing and even simpler crock pot pulled pork recipe. While I love the traditional pulled pork flavor, this recipe only involves 3 ingredients and makes a smaller portion. I don’t always need to make 12 plus sandwiches, so this is the recipe for a smaller dinner. We don’t often have soda on hand, so the kids like this recipe because they can finish off the root beer we don’t use. Oh even better, they can have root beer floats for dessert. A win win and easy slow cooker pulled pork sandwich recipe. Even though I don’t use my slow cooker as much in the winter, I will definitely be pulling it out for this easy dinner recipe.
First I was amazed that I found a recipe that was simpler than the other pulled pork recipe. The interesting ingredient is 1 can or bottle of root beer. Amazing that root beer has the properties necessary to make this pulled pork so moist. The family has asked me to make this crock pot pulled pork recipe again and to skip on the other.
Which in hind site not a bad deal. No more getting up early to make the rub and the wet mixture. Now all I need is root beer and I can make that in my soda stream or I can easily grab a bottle when I buy the pork for the recipe.
Just pull it apart like any other pulled pork recipe. I guess you could also use a hand mixer to do this too.
Add your favorite bbq sauce or try our homemade BBQ recipe.
Since I have so much free time with this recipe, I thought I would try to make a low fat Greek Yogurt Coleslaw recipe. You can’t have slow cooker pulled pork without coleslaw. Even this northern girl knows that. Doesn’t this recipe make you think of summer nights! You can prepare the slaw when you put the pork in the crock pot so the cabbage can soften.
Top off your lovely slow cooker pulled pork sliders with the homemade slaw.
MY THOUGHTS: I do miss the onion from the first recipe and think I will try this reicpe will some cut up onions. Also this makes a lot less than the other crock pot pork recipe so feel free to double the amounts. I also used slider size hamburger buns so these would make great party sandwiches too.
Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 (2 lb) pork Tenderoloin (or pork loin roast)
- 1 (12 oz) can or bottle of root beer
- 1 (18oz) bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- coleslaw to top
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker;
- pour the root beer over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours.
- Drain well.
- Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.
- the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker.
What is your favorite BBQ sauce for this slow cooker pulled pork recipe ?
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces (about 6¼ cups) bagged coleslaw blend or shredded cabbage
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper and whisk until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Place slaw blend in a large bowl and pour Greek yogurt dressing mixture over top. Stir to coat cabbage thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld. Add any additional seasoning to taste.