Tis the season to pull out your slow cooker and get those comfort foods ready at the end of a long day. I use my crock pot in the summer but rarely. There is nothing simpler than this super delicious and easy slow cooker pulled Chicken recipe. I even used half thawed chicken breasts because they did not thaw completely overnight. This is a great recipe that you can double or just add more chicken and share it with another family
I never like taking pictures of raw meat, so here is the chicken ready to be shredded. I only added about 4 ingredients and this recipe is a keeper.
Have you tried this trick for shredding your chicken? OMG it makes it super easy and you can do this one right in the slow cooker pot since you want to blend the juices with the meat. Just take out about a cup of the liquid to serve with the sandwiches.
Look how perfect this slow cooker pulled chicken is!
Top each sandwich with a dollop of cole slaw and any additional sauce for a quick and easy dinner everyone will enjoy.
Delicious and Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Recipe
- 2½ - 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1 16 oz bottle BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup brown sugar (add more if it's a spicier Bbq Sauce)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Pour half the bottle BBQ sauce into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add the boneless chicken breasts.
- Pour the remaining bbq sauce over the chicken.
- Add seasonings and brown sugar.
- Coat all the chicken pieces with the mixture.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When the chicken is done cooking reserve a cup of the bbq sauce.
- Use a fork or a hand mixer to pull the chicken apart. If you take the chicken out stir the pulled chicken and bbq sauce together in the crock pot otherwise use the hand mixer in the crock pot with all the juices.
- Serve on buns or as a main entree
- Serve the reserved bbq sauce on the side.
- You can double this recipe too.