This has been a super wet summer and every morning after our walk my dog seems muddy and wet. That is just one issue facing your dogs in the summer! My dog gets so hot she loves to find water. You should not wash your dog daily, not even weekly unless they keep getting squirted by a skunk. So how do you keep your dog from not smelling totally like DOG in the hot summer months? Continue reading to find some dog grooming tips to help keep your dog smelling good in between baths.
The summer also could mean taking your dog on vacations to the beach or lake. A dog grooming nightmare:
After a week of this:
and this: Chloe was a dirty, smelly and unfortunately knotted mess. (she had a blast getting that way I must add)
Here are some everyday dog grooming tips on how to keep your dog’s smell and coat under control:
1.Brush her frequently. This helps remove any dirt, debris and bugs that he may have gotten into and helps cut down on the smell factor. It also helps remove loose hair and distributes the natural oils on her coat. With dogs with longer hair this also helps with matting. After the beach Chloe had some mats that got out of control.
- All natural
- Soap free shampoo + conditioner
- Builds a rich lather, that rinses easily
- Made with pure botanical extracts and natural conditioners
- Soothing bath time experience
- Coconut-based, alcohol free
- Safe for frequent use, even on puppies
- Made in USA
- Available in three scents: Lavender & Mint, Rosemary & Mint, and Green Tea & Bergamot