This post about this baked Double Fudge Baked Donuts or Baked Doughnuts Recipe is sponsored by Clever Girls Collective and Coffee-Mate. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. Do you call them Donuts or Doughnuts?
Did you know Coffee-mate has more than 25 flavor options including dozens of new flavors, Seasonal flavors, fat-free and sugar-free varieties in both powder and liquid form? You can get their amazing new Seasonal Flavors only thru December so get them while they last. These amazing new Coffee_mate flavors is what inspired me to make double fudge baked donuts for the family. I have been eyeing donut pans for a long time and finally broke down and ordered 2 sets of Norpro 6-Count Nonstick Donut Pans. I read that most recipes call for 12 donuts and did not want to have to do two batches. I know patience is a virtue!
Inspired by the Holiday Coffee-mate flavors now available, I of course decided to go with the Dark Chocolate Fudge and turn it into a decadent dessert or breakfast treat that the whole family could enjoy. Check out the amazing flavors available this year:
- Dark Chocolate Fudge — Rich, dark and indulgent like only chocolate fudge can be. Enjoy a cup of coffee that’s every chocolate lover’s dream come true.
- Peppermint Mocha — Enjoy one of the season’s most popular flavors! Let the comfort of crisp peppermint and chocolatey mocha warm you up this holiday season.
Eggnog Latte — What would the holidays be without the flavor of Eggnog? Invite over some guests and prepare a holiday flavored latte for everyone on your list.
I checked out the recipes on Coffee-Mate’s website and was intrigued by Easy Chocolate Fudge Bundt Cake but knew I did not want a whole bundt cake in the house. Since I had never made baked donuts before I adapted a chocolate doughnut recipe from Buns in my oven to use the Dark Chocolate Fudge Coffee-mate Creamer. These two recipes merged created these super moist Baked doughnuts recipes.
Do you prefer these to be called baked donuts or baked doughnuts recipes?
Double Fudge Baked Donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup Double Chocolate Fudge Coffee-mate Creamer
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons Chocolate Fudge Coffee-mate Creamer
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, (coffee if adding) and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, creamer, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
- Spoon in a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, creamer, and cocoa until well combined.
- Dunk the donuts in the glaze to fully coat and place on a wire rack to set.
- if you want more of a mocha flavor add 1 tsp instant coffee granules to the batter.
ONE CLOSE TO HOME READER HAS THE CHANCE TO WIN THIS PRIZE PACK.
This amazing Coffee-mate prize pack (valued at $50) will include the following contents:
- 3 full value Coffee-mate product coupons
- 1 set of Coffee-mate recipe cards
- 1 French press
- 4 glass coffee mugs (crate and barrel)
- 1 seasonally scented candle (Yankee Candle)
I was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, however all content and opinions expressed here are my own.