I promised you also the other dinner I made for my crowd last weekend. I often pull out recipes that look interesting out of magazines and file them in a binder so I can recycle the magazines. When I was looking for ideas for last weekend I came upon the page I pulled out for sangria and on it were shrimp tacos. I have had fish tacos before and thought these sounded good and shrimp cooks up so quickly it was good for the cook, me!!
Shrimp Taco Recipe
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 20 (12-inch-long) skewers
- 2 tablespoons Southwest seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 head radicchio, finely shredded
- Southwest Cream Sauce
- Grilled Corn Salsa or Trader Joe’s chile corn salsa with added black beans
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Combine Southwest seasoning and garlic in a long shallow dish; add lime juice, lemon juice, and shrimp, turning to coat. Cover and chill 10 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade.
3. Grill shrimp, without grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers. Serve in warm tortillas with next 4 ingredients. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Emeril’s Southwest Seasoning. I could not find this so I used his traditional seasoning.
Southwest Cream Sauce: Whisk together 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream; 1 garlic clove, minced; 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion; 1 tsp. chili powder; 1/2 tsp. ground cumin; 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper; and 1/4 tsp. salt. Whisk in 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro and 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Makes about 2 cups; Prep: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles dry red wine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup peach nectar*
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 to 3 cups club soda, chilled
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
What is your favorite ingredient in Tacos?