I have been making Easy Christmas Saltine Toffee Recipe for years. My sister originally introduced it to me and the other day I thought why should this amazing toffee only be made once a year. Yes I understand that you crave something more the less you have it. My solution for this is that I would make the saltine toffee base the same but mix things up with the chocolate toppings. Instead of semi-sweet and butterscotch chips I would use white and red chips. Either way we call this dessert crack because you can not eat just one. I had fun making this for Valentine’s Day and already starting to think what I can make for St. Patrick’s day and Easter. Perhaps I will make the pretzel toffee recipe I have made a few years ago to mix things up. Either way hope you enjoy this recipe and get creative with your easy toffee recipe.
This is such an easy toffee recipe that does not require a candy thermometer like regular toffee recipe. You only need a few ingredients and a little imagination. Ok maybe not imagination just willing to experiment with flavor combinations. Start by layering a sheet pan with saltine crackers. I have tried whole wheat and unsalted, you need to go with the traditional saltine crackers.
Melt butter and sugar until bubbly. Don’t walk away, you don’t want to burn this or you will have to start over.
Pour evenly over the crackers and bake for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle your chocolate morsels over the hot crackers and place back in the oven for 2 minutes. (The white chips I used did not melt very well. I went back and added white chocolate discs)
Add a few red chips and spread the mixture to get a marble affect.
Top with festive sprinkles if you desire and allow the saltine bark to set completely.
Either break or cut the easy saltine toffee recipe into serving sizes.
Bet you can’t eat just one of these sweet saltine toffee pieces.
- 35 Saltine Crackers
- 1 Cup of Butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 12 oz white chocolate chips or chocolate discs
- 1/4 cup red or pink chocolate chops or cut up chocolate discs
- Valentine's Day Sprinkles (Optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Line 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with heavy-duty foil. (I use non stick spray or non stick foil)
- Arrange crackers over foil breaking crackers to fit empty spaces.
- MELT butter and sugar in medium saucepan Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour over crackers.
- BAKE for 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from oven.
- SPRINKLE with morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or put back in the oven for 2 minutes until morsels are shiny; spread evenly. Add red chocolate and swirl into white chocolate. Add sprinkles if you desire.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Remove foil; cut into pieces.