This post about Recipes using Salts is sponsored by Mommy Parties and Morton Salt. Can you believe the Morton Salt Girl is 100 years old this year. Morton Salt has been in our household not quite 100 years but I can remember her picture in my parents and grandparents cupboards. In honor of her birthday, I am sharing some fun recipes using Salts for a fun birthday outing for some friends. I mixed up a few of the themes provided in our kit.
Since we already bake with salt the salted oatmeal cookies were the first on our list. The extra sprinkling of sea salt in this recipe gives the oatmeal a slight kick in flavor. I also decided to use our Morton Girl M&M’s instead of chocolate chips.
For the birthday girls I made each of them a jar of the Wake Me Up Epsom Salt Body Scrub. This is a great way to use up some coffee grounds and give your skin a fun pick me up. The caffeine from the coffee will help stimulate and constrict blood vessels for a tighter appearance. Sign me up!! Another reason to drink more coffee in my opinion:)
When I made these I prepared them right in the mason jars. But since the jars are pretty small, I made half servings. For other great spa party activities check out this post.
Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: Find it on Morton’s Website HERE:
Pick Me UP Epsom Salt Body Scrub Recipe:
- 1/2 cup epsom salt -plain or one with added oils
- 1/2 cup coffee grounds (I used one I had used and dried)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional)
- Pour the salt and dried coffee grounds into a mixing bowl.
- Then add honey and oils and stir well until mixture is paste-like
- Transfer the mixture to a sealable air-tight jar.
- In the shower, wet body and use a palmful of scrub to entire body. Scrub for a few minutes and wash off.
- Keep any remaining scrub in airtight container up to 5 days.
I think the girls enjoyed going out for a girls night and enjoying these fun recipes made with salts.