This post about How to Get Money Back For Shopping Online is sponsored by Giving Assistant but all the opinions are 100% our own.
We all shop online, some of us on a daily basis. If you could earn money back for shopping online, why don’t you? When I was writing this post, I knew I was about to have surgery and would not be driving for two weeks. As a mother of three kids, a dog and a cat, I knew as much as I prepared ahead of time, someone would need something. Online shopping is the easiest answer for this situation. I was thrilled to learn about Giving Assistant is a free digital loyalty program, over 1,600 largest retailers, avg. of 5% cash reward after each online purchase. Not only would I be able to get the items my family wanted, but this mom would be saving money for shopping online.
How Giving Assistant works to get money back for shopping online
- Retailers pay us a commission for purchases originated from our website [Average ~5%).
- For purchases made by our members, we give them the entire commission in the form of ‘cash back’.
- Plus, we make a small donation to Feeding America to give one meal every time cash back is earned.
- Members are given the option to automatically donate any % of their cash back to any charity of their choice.
Since this is a free money back site, I immediately tested it. I knew that while I was in recovery, I could still do some simple crafting and blogging but needed the supplies. I went to Michael’s website to purchase the items needed to create the crafts I was thinking about.
When you search the 1,600 retailers and find the store you are looking for, immediately coupons for that website arise. Some may not work, but you still earn money back.
In my case the coupon for 30% off my entire purchase worked. So in addition to earning back 4% of my purchase, my purchase amount was reduced. This is a coupon and a rebate site all in one.
- Double Cash Back, Always. We give you 100% of the commission, unlike the other guys with just 50% of the commission.
- We pay in days direct to your secure debit card. Not months waiting for a check in the mail like other cash back sites. Minimum payout is just $5.01, not $25 like the other guys.
While I can’t contest to these claims, I do know another “rebate” site I was a member of, has a high threshold for payment. Heck with one small purchase I am almost there.
I was looking for a gift for my mother and here is an example of the screen you will see when searching any store.