I know you are going to love this grilled chicken breast recipe and grilled tomato salad! It’s such an easy and delicious idea for summer! If you haven’t noticed, I love bright flavors, and feat is definitely one of my go-to choices. This combination is a great option using a grilled chicken breast recipe that is super versatile.
Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe with Grilled Tomato Salad
This post contains affiliate links.
Serving up a crowd in the summer can be challenging. It’s too hot for the traditional casseroles that feed crowds and people get tired of hamburger and hot dogs. My go to crowd-pleasing meal is usually a large Grilled Chicken Greek Salad and that brought about the inspiration for this grilled chicken breasts recipe and grilled tomato salsa recipe. Super easy and you can set it out buffet style instead of making the tomato salsa, so people can add only the flavors they like.
I love anything that is semi-homemade. I love to cook, but with kids and family around, it is always nice to have a super fast and easy marinade on hand. To create this great grilled chicken breasts recipe, you just need to marinate your chicken in a red wine vinaigrette. We prefer Wishbone brand, but you can create your own or use a preferred brand. Simply add your chicken to the marinade and let rest for at least an hour, or up to overnight in the refrigerator before grilling.
Chicken breasts are our easy to grill, but you may prefer to pound them thinly or butterfly slice them so they cook more evenly and faster on the grill. Another tip is to use a grill mat so they don’t burn so easily on the grill.
After you put your chicken on the grill, you can start work on the grilled tomato salad. It’s super easy, full of flavor and of course delicious. I use wooden skewers I have already soaked in water to place a medley of small tomatoes on the grill until just seared. Pull them off the grill, assemble your salad and serve with your new easy grilled chicken breasts recipe!
Unfortunately, I did not get a good shot of the buffet of flavors for the tomato salad. But I think you can get the idea just to place all the ingredients in dishes and allow the guests to top their chicken breasts as desired. It’s a perfect choice fro a grilled buffet of meats and vegetables!
This was a big hit and we served it with a side of roasted asparagus and warmed pita and prepared tzatziki. You can always use this homeade tzatziki recipe too. For a simple grilled chicken breasts recipe, this is a great dish to serve to guests, or even prep ahead and freeze for easy meals throughout the week.
More Grilling Recipes:
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Grilled Steak Kebabs with Avocado Sauce
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 1/2 cups Red Wine Vinaigrette (wishbone makes one)
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken Breasts
- Oregano Fresh (4-5 sprigs)
- 1 lb tomatoes, prefer small grape or a little larger to fit on a skewer
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup halved, pitted kalamata olives
- Marinate chicken in the Vinaigrette for up to 8 hours but at least 1 hour
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- Marinate tomatoes in 1/2 cup marinade
- Remove chicken from marinade and cook on a grill, or grill pan, over medium-high heat, turning once, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, toss tomatoes, red wine vinaigrette, and salt in a medium bowl. Lower grill temperature to medium. Sear tomatoes, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. BE Careful not to over cook.
- Return tomatoes to bowl and toss with torn fresh oregano.
- Top each chicken breast with tomatoes tomatoes and sprickle feta cheese plus olives and additional fresh oregano if desired. Serve with Pita bread and Tazkiti