This shop about Grilled Quail with Bacon and Pepper Jelly Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyNutrishPeak #CollectiveBias
My family is extremely active and we take trips that involve the outdoors, and not just going to the beach. The last couple of years our big trips were to Alaska and a dude ranch in Wyoming. These trips we could not take our dog, but any chance we get we take her outside hiking or for a swim at the nearby river. We often will plan a vacation with her in mind as she loves to swim and hike with us.
Living in the South the past 17 years has brought about a lot of new experiences which includes having quail meat in my freezer. I have never eaten or prepared game meat before so this has been a brand new experience.
The best cooking solution for quail is wrapping it in bacon. Everything tastes better with a little bacon. We have had a few quail dinner parties and our guests really enjoy this Grilled Quail with Bacon and Pepper Jelly Recipe that is easier than you would imagine. Fortunately for this Midwestern girl, our quail comes cleaned and packaged in airtight bags. In reality, once quail is dressed, the actual meat portion is very small and plan on at least two per person for an appetizer and four quail per person as an entree. ** Dressed means all the feather etc taken off.
Be sure to secure the bacon with a toothpick so it stays together on the grill.
Salt and pepper the quail and splatter some Red Pepper Jelly for an extra flavor punch.
Grill the quail for about ten minutes on each side but be sure to reglaze each side when your turn the quail.
Grill your quail on indirect heat as you don’t want the bacon burning before the quail meat is cooked.
Game bird is not for everyone but does make for a fun party.
Why should adults have all the fun with thier food? What about feeding your pets fine ingredients too.
I recently was introduced to Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® PEAK Northern Woodlands Recipe™ with Turkey, Duck & Quail dog food at our local Wegman’s while I was shopping for the ingredients for the Grilled Quail Recipe. The ingredients definitley got my interest at first. Not only that but this dog food uses real U.S. farm raised beef or turkey is the first ingredient and is safely cooked in the USA with the world’s best ingredients. (Venison & Lamb from New Zealand, Duck from the U.S., Quail from the U.S. and France.)
Other reasons to buy Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® Dog food:
- Real U.S. farm-raised beef is always the #1 ingredient (Open Range Recipe)/ Real U.S. farm-raised turkey is always the #1 ingredient (Northern Woodlands Recipe).
- The dog food recipes are protein-rich, grain-free recipes to satisfy your dog’s cravings
- Contains 30% high-quality protein
- Rachael’s Rescue® was created for all of the forgotten pets and a portion of proceeds help animals in need through Rachael’s Rescue®
- Be sure to try Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® PEAK Northern Woodlands Recipe™ with Turkey, Duck & Quail dog food but download this coupon first to Save $4.00 on PEAK Valid throughout this year. (You can print this coupon twice).
Our dishes look a lot different but knowing we both have quality ingredients means a lot to this pet parent.
Grilled Quail with Bacon and Pepper Jelly Recipe
- 8 quail, about 5 1/2 ounces each, dressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup pepper jelly
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce