Ok it is party time for the pups. Just look at these adorable dog friends of Chloe!! I thought I’d introduce you to her friends: The other Golden, Tucker, is her uncle! The black and white Dog, Wilson, her boyfriend and the brown one, Franky, her other friend in the neighborhood.
So what to feed these sweet pups without getting them sick. I thought about buying Frosty Paws as a nice cool treat, but I really could not blog about them and felt a little lazy. I had made dog biscuits before that were well received too. A friend of mine had tried this recipe so I thought I would give it a whirl.
The recipe suggests a large cake but I made large cupcake sizes since I know they would not share nicely.
I then decided to frost them using some other fun flavors that my dog loves. Really she is not fussy she got into a bag of marshmallows in the back of my car this am….
I mixed some natural peanut butter, and non-fat Greek yogurt and a splash of honey for the frosting.
OK the party is over I am pooped!! Now time to open the great dog products mom got me.
- Doggie Birthday Cake from All Recipes.com
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey (optional)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup whole wheat or white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 6 cup ring mold. Or 5 regular size cupcakes.
- 2. Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, if desired, in a large bowl; blend well. Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly. Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- I checked on them at 20 minutes and they were done. (cupcakes)