Easy Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- Easy Bolognese Sauce2017-01-30 11:51:46Serves 5Write a reviewIngredients
- 2 TB good olive oil, plus extra to cook pasta
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 4 tsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 TB dried oregano
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ¼ cups dry red wine, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
- 2 TB tomato paste
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- ¾ pound dried pasta, such as orecchiette or small shells (
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Close To Home http://stayingclosetohome.com/
- Heat 2 TB of olive oil in a large (12 inch) skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef or Turkey and cook, crumbling the meat until the meat is no longer pink and has started to brown. Add the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute. Pour 1 cup of the wine into the skillet and stir to scrape up any browned bits. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, 1 TB salt, and 1 ½ tsp pepper, stirring until combined. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Finish the sauce while the pasta cooks. Add the nutmeg, basil, cream, and the remaining ¼ cup wine to the sauce and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. When the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the pan with the sauce.
- Add the sauce and ½ cup Parmesan and toss well. Serve hot with Parmesan on the side.
Have you ever made a Bolognese Sauce ? Be sure to Pin this for your next Pasta Night Dinner!