If you love cookies and you love pie why can’t you have them in the same dessert? Exactly what I thought when I saw a recipe for Cookie Pie. Best served warm, you can adapt this recipe to resemble your favorite cookie flavor. We went with some of our favorite combos, peanut butter and chocolate chip. I happened to buy some peanut butter baking pieces which inspired our flavor combo. If you have never made a pie before, this might be one of the easiest ones to try, except my Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe is pretty easy too.
So what are you waiting for, the ingredients list is longer than the directions on this one so I can’t wait to see what you come up with. I recently was given coupons to try Wholly Wholesome products and found organic Pie crusts at the store. I decided, why not test these on this pie. I don’t hide the fact that I almost always use a pre-made pie crust when making pies. I have not taken the time to perfect pie crust making and the times I did try I ended up ruining the pie.
Similar to the start of any cookie recipe, you start by beating the butter first and then adding the rest of the wet ingredients. (easy)
Stir in your chips, in what ever flavor combo best suits your family. It is important to stir these and not use your mixer for the best results.
Pour into a unbaked pie crust, told you this could not be easier.
Bake and serve warm or at room temperature.
We definitely preferred this pie a little warm, with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream. The pie is rich so you can slice it into 10 servings but my kids wanted big.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten and at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (we used pecans)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1/2 cup peanut butter baking pieces
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter in medium bowl; add eggs and vanilla. Stir together sugar and flour; add to butter mixture. Using a spoon, stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and nuts; pour into unbaked pie crust. Top with Peanut Butter Baking Pieces.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool about 1 hour on wire rack; Ideally serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Or you can reheat the pie in a 200 degree oven until heated thru.
- If you want to skip the peanut butter baking pieces, just add 1 cup each of peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Feel free to mix in all your favorite flavors.