This is an easy to make Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa Recipe that goes well with fajitas or grilled chicken. Perfectly seasoned to your tastes by adapting the amount of jalapeno. My family devoured this recipe the night we served it with grilled shrimp tacos. I halved the recipe anticipating too many leftovers, well that was a mistake. I did not have any to snack on the next day.
Serve this grilled corn and black bean salsa with chips or as a side dish. Mine disappeared as a side dish if that gives you any idea how well this salsa recipe was welcomed at our table. Another great reason to make this recipe is it’s a great make ahead recipe for your taco night just hold off on adding the avocado until you are ready to serve.
If you are looking to make this when there is not fresh corn available you could use frozen corn that you defrost. But if you can get ahold of fresh corn, by all means it is worth the effort. By effort I simply mean Grilling it.
Then cutting it off the cob. I hope you have not broken into a sweat, ha ha. I did try to grill the corn on an indoor grill, definitely don’t recommend that.
Now mix all the yummy ingredients except the avocado if you don’t plan on eating it right away.
The flavors are so wonderful together and they truly flavor themselves. This salsa does not have any added oils or vinegar, all the flavor comes from the fresh ingredients and lime juice. Fresh and clean eating at it’s best.
Perfectly Spicy Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 3 fresh ears corn
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped (I used 1/2 of a large one)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Lightly coat corn with cooking spray and salt and pepper.
- Cook corn over the grill preheated to medium high for 15 minutes. Turning the corn every 5 minutes making sure it does not get too dark. Allow to cool and Cut corn from cob.
- Add corn, black beans, and remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Add salt to taste. Eat at room temperature or cover and chill for up to 2 hours.