I have never used a pressure cooker before. In fact, my husband was a little concerned when one showed up in our kitchen. However, never before did I think I could make a Mac and Cheese Recipe in less than 20 minutes. Cooking with a pressure cooker was definitely a new experience for me that might have changed the way cook on busy nights.
Thanksgiving dinner is the perfect example of why you would want to bring a pressure cooker out. All the oven and stove space is taken, no room for another dish. Well, you can easily make your batch of mac and cheese in the pressure cooker while you are letting the turkey sit before you carve it. In no time you will have a delicious and super easy side dish.
There are a ton of things you can do in a pressure cooker. Unlike a crock pot, you can actually brown your meats in the same pan. This makes for very easy clean up. In a rice pilaf recipe, I cooked down the onions quickly before adding the rice. Such a time saver.
Simply add all your ingredients to the bottom of your pressure cooker. Allow it to do its thing for about 10 minutes.
After the steam settles, you now have a wonderful dish of mac and cheese. In the time to open a box of mac and cheese, you have homemade using real ingredients. Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese Recipe is one for busy weeknight too.
We added a little bacon at the end to create an even more decadent mac and cheese version.
We were provided a Power Pressure Cooker XL™ from TriStar Products in exchange for this recipe post. Used widely by professionals, a pressure cooker can create delicious dishes that are ready to serve in minutes, rather than hours – perfect for any time-strapped home chef that doesn’t want to compromise on quality for convenience.
The combination of its flavor infusion technology and high-pressure environment results in:
· Traditionally slow-cooked meals that are ready 70% faster than conventional methods
· Locked in nutrients and vitamins
· Meats and seafood with intense flavor without added fat
· Tender, crisp vegetables with intact fiber
· Cheaper cuts of meat transformed into juicy perfection
Power Pressure Cooker XL™ also comes equipped with an intuitive one-touch setting designed for a variety of foods. Meat, fish, vegetables, beans, rice, soup or stews can all quickly be cooked to perfection without even thinking about it!
This was my first recipe using a pressure cooker but I can see myself experimenting a lot more.
Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese Recipe*
- 1 pound elbow pasta, dry
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place the Inner Pot into the Pressure Cooker.
- Press the SOUP/STEW button to set for 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients into Inner Pot.
- Secure the Lid on the Cooker. Lock the Lid and switch the Pressure Release Valve to Closed.
- Once the timer reaches 0, the Pressure Cooker will automatically switch to KEEP WARM. Press CANCEL. Switch the Pressure Release Valve to Open. When the steam is completely released, remove the Lid.
*Always follow the directions of your own pressure cooker