Here is a new twist to an old favorite. We all have heard or seen the traditional Peanut Butter Cookie with a Chocolate kiss in the middle. Well why not put a real kiss in the middle in time for Valentine’s Day parties. Pucker up for these Peanut Butter Kiss Valentine’s Day cookies.
I have seen peanut butter cookies made with a heart shaped chocolate before, and when I saw these lip shaped ones at our Dollar store, I could not resist. They came from the Dollar Store so I might look for a better quality piece if the chocolate means a lot to you, but for the affect I think they are cute. My kids did not mind the chocolate quality plus with a good peanut butter cookie base it is all about the cookie. You can get better quality Valentine Chocolate Lips At Amazon.
Allow to cool slightly, about 30-45 seconds, then add the chocolate middle.
I am not sure if I like the pink, red or plain sugared cookies. It is a little hard to tell but I rolled these cookies in pink, red and plain sugar.
Don’t you think your kids will go crazy over these peanut butter kiss cookies, the Close to Home version?
Peanut Butter Kiss Valentine’s Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sanding sugar or white sugar to roll dough
- Chocolate candy, either kisses, hearts or lips
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- CREAM together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg. Beat well.
- STIR together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls using a small ice cream scoop. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- TOP each cookie after 30 seconds with an unwrapped chocolate piece, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.