Here is a new twist to an old favorite. We all have heard or seen the traditional Peanut Butter Cookie with a Chocolate kiss in the middle. Well why not put a real kiss in the middle in time for Valentine’s Day parties. Pucker up for these Peanut Butter Kiss Valentine’s Day cookies.
I have seen peanut butter cookies made with a heart shaped chocolate before, and when I saw these lip shaped ones at our Dollar store, I could not resist. They came from the Dollar Store so I might look for a better quality piece if the chocolate means a lot to you, but for the affect I think they are cute. My kids did not mind the chocolate quality plus with a good peanut butter cookie base it is all about the cookie.
Allow to cool slightly, about 30-45 seconds, then add the chocolate middle.
I am not sure if I like the pink, red or plain sugared cookies. It is a little hard to tell but I rolled these cookies in pink, red and plain sugar.
Don’t you think your kids will go crazy over these peanut butter kiss cookies, the Close to Home version?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sanding sugar or white sugar to roll dough
- Chocolate candy, either kisses, hearts or lips
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- CREAM together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg. Beat well.
- STIR together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls using a small ice cream scoop. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- TOP each cookie after 30 seconds with an unwrapped chocolate piece, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.