Red Velvet Cookies Recipe is a holiday favorite for Christmas or Valentine’s Day. Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day like Red Velvet batter. I fell that you can find red velvet recipes from coffee syrups to yogurt flavors. It is the newest fad in cooking I guess. This year’s cookie exchange recipe was inspired from a visit to Panera Bread. Check the other amazing red velvet donuts and red velvet cakes.
These Red Velvet cookies were really easy to make. I have found that most red velvet recipes are not very moist but I like the addition of white chocolate chips. This gave them a little extra texture and flavoring.
Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe2017-01-05 12:54:07A red velvet cookie perfect for Valentine's DAY OR CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYSWrite a reviewIngredients
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional but great)
- Confectioner's sugar
Close To Home http://stayingclosetohome.com/
- Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well. Beat in food coloring.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder until just combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto an un-greased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly before transferring to wire racks. Sprinkle the tops with confectioner's sugar.