For those of you new to this club concept, each month each blogger is assigned another blog and secretly find a recipe post that we would like to try, finally to reveal our experience with their recipe. You are sure to find some wonderful and low fat recipe on This Mama Cooks on a Diet like Dairy Free Key Lime Mouse or these Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crisps. They all look so good. She has been blogging for 10 years and has been keeping busy sharing wonderful recipes that even those on a diet can eat.
Homemade Dog Treats Cookies Recipe
- One 6-ounce jar turkey, rice and vegetable puréed baby food (or can of chicken dog food)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour, plus more for rolling We used half whole wheat flour.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Place baby food & Dog food if using, egg, and oil in a large bowl and beat with a fork until well combined. Stir in flour and oats and mix together.
- Roll half the dough out onto a floured surface to 1∕8-inch thickness. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour. Using a cookie cutter, cut out shapes and transfer to the prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. ( or just drop them with a spoon)
- Transfer to the oven and bake 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave cookies in the oven to crisp up for 15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. If your dog will let you.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.