Thank to Nellie’s Free Range Eggs for providing us with samples to make these Freezer Ready Homemade Egg Sandwiches. With crazy summer schedules and late sleeping teenagers, I need to have some nutrient dense options in my freezer. The kids love the frozen egg sandwiches but not only can they be pricey, but you can not control what is inside of them. By making your own homemade egg sandwiches, you can use nitrate free meats, whole grain breads and free range eggs. Make a surplus of these freezer ready Homemade egg sandwiches as they last for two months in the freezer.
I was recently introduced to Nellie’s Free Range Eggs which are prefect for this freezer ready breakfast. If you’re not already familiar, Nellie’s Free Range Eggs is committed to providing better lives for hens, which means better eggs for you and your family! Coming from the first Certified Humane® farm in the country, Nellie’s girls (aka hens) are never caged and have as much, or as little, access to outside as they want. Second best thing to having your our chickens at home.
To start these freezer ready Egg Sandwiches in bulk, we used ramekins to make the eggs at one time. Simply spray them and bake them.
These eggs were so clear and bright orange, what eggs are supposed to look like.
While the eggs are cooling, prepare your english muffins, bagels or croissants. As a health conscious mom, I prefer the whole grain muffins but the kids would like biscuits. My kids like the kick of mustard but you can leave that part out.
Now it is assembly time. We used frozen all natural pork breakfast sausages so I kept them in their frozen state.
Simply assemble the eggs, I think a larger ramekin would have worked out better but its still one egg.
Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and then place in a ziplock bag for up to two months in the freezer.
When its time to eat, just wrap each sandwich in paper towel and microwave. Easy enough for my kids to do on their own.
Freezer Ready Homemade Egg Sandwiches
Freezer Ready Homemade Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- Freezer Ready Homemade Breakfast Sandwiches2017-05-29 12:35:30Make these english muffin egg sandwiches to store in the freezer for an easy breakfast that kids can make themselvesWrite a reviewIngredients
- 6 Nellie's Free Range Eggs eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 English muffins, split
- Butter, softened
- Mustard, optional
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 6 Frozen Sausage patties or bacon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 6 ramekins with cooking spray. Crack an egg into each ramekin, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use a fork to pierce yolks, and very light beat each. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until egg is set. Let cool completely, then gently remove from ramekins.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread insides of English muffins with butter and mustard if desired. . Fill each English muffin with 1 egg, 1 slice Cheddar cheese and 1 sausage pattie or 2 sliced cooked bacon. Wrap each tightly with plastic wrap. Store in freezer bag up to 2 months, or in the fridge up to 1 week.
- To reheat, remove from plastic wrap, and cover with paper towel. Microwave at Medium (50%) 2 minutes, turning halfway through.
Close To Home http://stayingclosetohome.com/
- Store in freezer bag up to 2 months, or in the fridge up to 1 week.
Now for a fun summer time giveaway!
Enter the Rafflecopter below to win the following compliments of Nellie’s Free Range Eggs.
· 2 free product coupons
· Mini egg frying pan