Although summer usually means fresh garden tomatoes, this year has been so wet I only had a few weeks of fresh tomatoes in the garden and that is when I supplement with canned varieties. When I have tomato recipes that don’t require fresh tomatoes, I reach for Red Gold Tomatoes at our local grocery store.
While I did not have time to make these tomato Recipes for Caribbean Chicken Burgers and Spicy Tomato Burgers they look amazing and pack a punch to a traditional burger recipe.
I did have the opportunity to make a veggie and sausage pasta with some of the veggies that I acquired from my garden, including zucchini and eggplant. Cooked together to perfection with the Red Gold Tomatoes, Italian Style, I had a quick and healthy meal for my family. Really did not have a recipe sorry but super YUMMY.
Not only are we giving away an amazing gift pack for one reader, which includes 5 cans of Red Gold 14.5 oz tomato products, 1 bottle of Mama Selita Jalapeno Ketchup and 2 Aprons, Red Gold is currently hosting a sweepstakes to celebrate the last part of summer and grilling — They will be giving away a popular Green Egg Ceramic Grill & Smoker. In addition to the grand prize, they will be giving away 1,000 aprons each week for five weeks leading up to the grand-prize drawing. The contest started July 24th on Red Gold’s Facebook page: and ends on Aug. 30.
Here are the Rachel Recipes: Spicy Tomato Burger –
- 1 lb. ground beef –
- 1 14.5 oz can of Red Gold with Green Chilies –
- Salt and pepper –
- Option: Pepper Jack Cheese
- Combine beef & tomatoes (drained). Form into patties. Season. Add cheese to center of each patty for an added kick. Grill. As desired, serve on toasted bun. Use Jalapeno Ketchup or Chipotle Mayo. Layer spicy peppers.
Caribbean Chicken Burger –
- 1 lb. ground chicken –
- 1 14.5 oz can of Red Gold with Lime Juice & Cilantro –
- Salt and pepper Combine ground chicken and Red Gold Tomatoes (drained).
Form into patties. Season. Grill. As desired, serve on Toasted bun or lettuce.
Layer guacamole or avocado or roasted pineapple slice. Top with mango chutney or fruit salsa.