We all have too much candy in our house this time of year if you have kids who recently went Trick-Or-Treaters. In the past we have donated our candy to different causes but the kids want to keep a little. Once they get their fill, its time to get creative with some of the candy. So I put together some yummy Candy Bark that makes a great gift and yummy Thanksgiving dessert. I am sharing a great recipe idea and some other ideas of how to use leftover Halloween Candy.
Decide on your favorite flavor combinations or just experiment no matter what you chose there will be someone begging for more.
Simply melt some chocolate, we used semi-sweet chips. Pour it onto a piece of parchment paper and spread out evenly.
Then add your Halloween Candy and pretzels or anything your family would imagine.
Allow it to cool completely and then cut it up into good sized servings.
Then you can serve the Candy Bark in a large bowl or create fun little gift bags.
OTHER GREAT USES FOR LEFTOVER HALLOWEEN CANDY!!
- Another great idea for Halloween Candy is to simply freeze it. You will be surprised how well chocolate freezes and you can use through out the year. Throughout the year, add it to milkshakes, sundaes, ice cream and plain cookie dough.
- Bake it into cakes Try peanut butter cup cookies or brownies with fun size candy bars inside. Or just put it on top of cakes and cupcakes, or stir it into icing.
- Put chocolates into your coffee This makes for a quick and easy mocha.
Make an Advent Calendar and fill the spaces with candy
- Fill a Piñata for a party
- Donate it to the troops. Check your local dentists some might collect it.
- Make a Popcorn Bar— Make homemade caramel corn than have your guests add their own cut up candy in a bag.