This post brought to you by TruMoo Milk . The content and opinions expressed below are that of close to home.
Who says you can’t have chocolate for every meal on Valentines Day. I wanted to share a fun Valentines Day Breakfast will sure warm the hearts of your Valentines Day. What would your family say if you served them some double Chocolate baked Donuts for Valentines Day Breakfast? Doughnuts are always a special treat at our house and with Valentines Day being a Saturday this year, you will have some extra time to create these decadent breakfast treats. Don’t forget to purchase a donut pan before attempting this recipe. Making homemade Doughnuts is really not a hard process, especially when they are baked there is no oil mess. If you can make a cupcake you can make baked donuts.
What fun to include some yummy TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk to make them even more chocolatey. Chocolate Milk is a treat in our house and we love that TruMoo has no artificial growth hormones, no high fructose corn syrup and is fresh from your trusted dairy. The kids also thought it had great Chocolate Marshmallow flavor!
Now for the chocolate glaze. Be sure to sift your ingredients so you don’t have chunks of powdered sugar in your glaze. Find TruMoo Recipe inspiration on Pinterest
Instead of plain milk or water we added TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk. Do you see where we are going with this Valentines Day Breakfast?
Have fun with this part. Dip each top of the doughnut into the chocolate glaze and add sprinkles. What are donuts without any sprinkles.
I know you will be tempted to dig right into your chocolate treats, but allow the glaze to harden before spreading out the chocolate breakfast treat.
I bet you can’t eat just one… well maybe you want to save your self for some Valentines Day Dessert. Finding the right balance between happy and healthy is never easy. That’s why there’s TruMoo.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp instant coffee granule (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk (we used TRU MOO Chocolate Marshmallow Milk)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- FOR GLAZE
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk or water We used we used TRU MOO Chocolate Marshmallow Milk)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Sprinkles, mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
- Spoon in a greased donut pan or use a ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them. Keep watch no one wants burnt doughnuts.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing.
- FOR GLAZE
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Slowly stir in milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until silky and smooth. Add more milk to make a good consistency.
If you like to serve red food on Valentines Day be sure to check out our Red Velvet Baked Donuts . Or maybe you are more of a traditionalist, try these yummy Cinnamon Sugar Baked donuts.