Who says you can’t have chocolate for breakfast? Well maybe not for breakfast, but when you mix cereal and chocolate it is a combination you can have it for snacks and dessert. Maybe on Valentine’s Day you can indulge for breakfast, it has nuts as protein at least:)
Valentine Chocolate Cereal Mix Recipe AKA CUPID LOVE MIX
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels (we broke the tradition shapes in half)
- 4 cups bite size square cereal–(we used chex rice and corn cereals)
- 1 cup peanuts, almonds, or mixed nuts
- 10 oz vanilla flavored candy coating (we used the white chocolate discs)
- 1 cup m and m’s
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- Use your hands to break pretzels into bite size pieces. Put pretzels, cereal squares, and nuts into a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave being careful not to burn it.
- Carefully pour melted chocolate coating over cereal mixture. Using a wooden spoon or spatula to toss mixture to coat. Add the candy now don’t wait for the mixture to harden
- Quickly pour the mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Spread the mixture into an even layer and cool completely. Break up into pieces and store a room temp.