When I decided to review the VTech Kidizoom Camera Connect I was a little worried my 7-year-old would think this camera was too “babyish”. Well I was wrong, I had to pry it from his hands at dinner and at bed time. He had so much fun taking pictures and transforming them with the graphics included on the camera. In addition, the older kids got overly thrilled when they started recording voices and changing the pitches.
The biggest downfall of this camera is that it uses regular batteries. I wish it was like an iPod that you could just plug-in and recharge. I guess if I used rechargeable batteries that would do the trick.
So what is all the buzz about? Here are a few features of the Kidizoom Camera Connect that will make your child become the official family photographer, I may just get into more pictures this way. (Probably not in ones I would normally allow)
- VTech Kidizoom Camera Connect from VTech equips your child to take and edit digital photos, make movies and play games! Offering 4x digital zoom for 4x the fun, your child will become an instant photographer and movie director with the press of a button.
- Your child can take digital pictures with special built-in photo effects and even record video movies with sound! Watch your child’s creativity come alive!
- Take and edit photos with wacky effects, shoot video movies with sound and even play three cool games right on the camera! Kids can even string a series of pictures together to create fun stop-motion animation videos. Specially designed with your child in mind, this kids’ camera has an easy-to-use viewfinder and a design that’s safe and durable for kids.
- With storage of approximately 800 photos, an expandable memory and the ability to connect to a computer, your child can easily keep all of their creations so they can be treasured by the family forever. Save and send pics on a PC and share with friends!
- This fun camera for kids also connects to VTech’s Learning Lodge. (at the time of this review we had not connected this to the computer)
- Ages 3-8, MSRP: $39.99
Poor Daddy was the victim of this photo…
He just took a picture of me, wonder what this will look like!