Can’t you remember the smell of a new box of crayons or the sound of a new pencil being sharpened? Back to school shopping is in full gear and Close to Home wanted to share some cool back to school products we were recently introduced to. We were provided samples of all the products listed in this post but all the opinions are 100% our own. We will be sharing Back to School Must haves from snacks to accessories and hope you find some interesting new items to get you excited for back to school season.
1. Back to school for college students requires some new bedding. Not all dorm rooms are well air conditioned, how about a stylish cooling pillow or pillowcase to help kids (and their moms!) get a better night’s sleep?
Comfort Revolution’s Hydraluxe Cooling Gel Pillow comes in two patterns and a variety of fun colors: The pillow was recently featured on Good Morning America’s Deals & Steals segment. The Dr. Oz Show recommended it as one of the 12 healthiest gifts of the year. And The Doctors also recently featured the pillow as a tool for getting a better night’s sleep.
2. We go thru a lot of juice pouches for our lunches and why not help save the enviornment and consider TerraCycle®. They offers supplies that allow students to express their personalities while also care for the environment. TerraCycle, a recycling and upcycling company, uses traditionally non-recyclable items to create a variety of cool, eco-friendly school supplies.
3.I am afraid to even say the word but back to school also means back to Lice season. The “superlice” epidemic continues to spread as lice are becoming increasingly resistant to pesticide-based treatments. Vamousse is an all-natural, pesticide-free, 100% safe and proven effective solution that is giving parents some much-needed peace of mind. They have prevention as well as treatment solutions that will kill 100% of the lice in 15 mins.
1. For quick pick me ups or snack time for both moms and kids, grab a bunch of Taste of Nature Bars to satisfy hunger. Taste of Nature snack bars are 100% organic, gluten-free, DELICIOUS snack bars that are brand new the U.S. Market and a tasty alternative to healthy snacks. They are chewing and very satisfying.
2. For a quick but healthy meal during the hectic back to school season be sure to check out the new line of Blake’s All Natural Foods available at Target. Blake’s unveiled a brand new line of all natural meals showcasing flavors unique to the freezer aisle. This new line includes dishes like Tater Topped Hot Dish, Meatloaf Dinner Casserole, Chicken & Dumplings, Chicken Dinner Casserole, Chicken Noodle Casserole, and Tuna Noodle Casserole.
For another snack option have you tried Simply Sprouted Way Better Snacks? They have a variety of flavored Tortilla chips we tasted. I think they tasted as good or better than any other commercial tortilla chip and at least you are not eating totally empty calories:) These chips are also Certified Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Certified 100% Whole Grain, Kosher, Vegan, an excellent Source of Whole Grains, Low Sodium, and a Good Source of Fiber. Also, they contain no trans fats, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives . Sounds pretty good for a snack food!
1. Send the kids off to school with these Lunch Buddies in their lunch boxes. Designed by parents for parents, Lunchbox Buddies™ contains a collection of silly notes to include a child’s lunchbox, each with an original cartoon and a fun message.
2. Just because they started school does not mean they don’t have time for extra reading, especially when they are learning a little at the same time with the new TIME for Kids books. TIME For Kids X–Why-Z Animals (June 10, $14.95, Ages 4 to 6) answers all the questions inquisitive young minds might ask about animals. The second TIME For Kids’ X–Why-Z title in the highly successful new series, X-Why-Z Animals provides more than 200 facts in 96 full-color pages with stunning photos and images. TIME For Kids Robots (June 17, $16.95, Ages 8 and up) will take kids around the world, across the universe, and straight into the future of the world of robots!
3. My kids favorite each year is the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Books. Reality Shock is no different than the previous year additions, filled with great pictures and stories which challenges each kids to Believe it Or NOT!!