Don’t get me wrong, I am a sucker for a great cheese platter. No adornments needed. Slice me a nice bit a Brie on a cracker I will be satisfied for a few minutes (at least until I grab the next slice). However, if you don’t have a huge assortment of cheeses or you have unexpected guests, here is a super quick and flavorful recipe ready in under a minute.
If you have headed our advice about having some food items in your arsenal over the holidays, then you probably have a round of brie in your fridge. While flavorful on its own, why not jazz it up with some simple items I know you have on hand: butter, brown sugar, honey and nuts (pecans or walnuts).
What a more inviting and substantial appetizer this turns into and your guests will think you are a superwoman!! Enjoy the rest of this holiday season and indulge while you can:)
Brie with Brown Sugar Recipe
- 1 small round of Brie
- 3 tablespoons of Butter
- 3 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 1 tablespoon of hone
- Microwave Brie on high for 15 seconds. Place on serving dish
- Combine butter, brown sugar, nuts and honey in a small microwave container. Microwave on high for 15 seconds. Spread on top of Brie
- Serve with sliced apples and plain crackers.