With the festive season fast approaching, everyone is seeking holiday entertaining ideas that are both easy and will wow the crowd. John Wm. Macy’s Cheesesticks offers a variety of CheeseSticks and CheeseCrisps that will make it easy to be the hostess with the mostess without evening having to break a sweat. I have reviewed John Wm. Macy’s Cheesesticks as a gift option but now I want to share how they would also be great to have on hand for easy appetizers.
I received photo collection of serving ideas that will prove to be perfect for the wine and cheese party, or as an hors d’oeuvre before the main course: http://macyscheesesticks.tumblr.com. I would never have thought to use these as a serving vessel for a cheese slice. However I decided to put these cheese crisps to the test.
Having a coffee to attend I thought I would make a snack that was both sweet and savory. I could eat Brie all day if it was not so fattening. I recently went to a party that 3 different people brought brie appetizers, you know the ones wrapped in dough. A classic appetizer, well this one is deconstructed slightly.
- Use Sesame Gruyere CheeseCrisps as your base. Place a thin slice of Brie on each cheese crisp.
- I heated some Apricot preserves in the microwave. Dollop a little Apricot on each piece of Brie.
- Add a little piece of fresh mint on top. (I did not have mint so added parsley)
What a elegant but super easy appetizer ideas that can be thrown together in a pinch.
Other ones I want to try are Melting Romaono Cheesecrisps with Cheery tomato, baby Mozzarella and Parsley
Cheddar Asiago CheeseCrisps with Stilton, Walnut and Honey
John Wm. Macy’s CheeseSticks line includes both savory CheeseStick varieties along with three dessert SweetSticks; here is a full list of flavors.
• Romano Garlic CheeseSticks
• Dijon Swiss CheeseSticks
• Cheddar & Scallion CheeseSticks
• Melting Parmesan CheeseSticks
• Asiago & Cheddar CheeseCrisps
• Smoked Jalapeño CheeseCrisps
• Sesame Gruyere CheeseCrisps
• Melting Romano CheeseCrisps
• Java Cinnamon SweetSticks
• Madagascar Vanilla SweetSticks
• Dutch Chocolate SweetSticks