As my husband and I are not from Virginia we have many friends who are either UVA or Tech fans so I thought this was an appropriate giveaway and post for my readers. Anyone heading to Atlanta to watch Virginia Tech take on Alabama at the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game this weekend? I am going to share family friendly activities in Atlanta this weekend as well as a chance for one reader to win four tickets available to visit Coca-Cola World. (Tickets expire 12/31/13)
Also, there are a lot of big events going on in Atlanta that weekend – Check out the list of the top 10 things to do in the city this weekend. I have never been to Atlanta except to change planes so I am definitely going to make a bucket list of things to do if we ever head down there.
Top 10 Things to Do While in Atlanta for the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game
1) Calling all Coca-Cola enthusiasts – Fan Days at the World of Coca-Cola are Aug. 27 through Sept. 3. Buy your tickets at the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game website and receive $3 off general admission to get a glimpse inside the world’s #1 brand and see what the fizz is all about.
2) Sport your team’s colors at the Tech Tailgate, and see the rivalry in action at Tailgate Town.
3) Swap your shoulder pads for a catcher’s mitt and watch the Atlanta Braves take on the Miami Marlins at Turner Field Friday through Sunday. Win World of Coca-Cola tickets and other prizes by playing the Ticket Tank and Spin Man while you’re at Saturday’s game.
4) See science fiction and fantasy literally come to life at Dragon*Con, where storm troopers, Star Trek fanatics and all manner of costumed adults from around the world will invade downtown.
5) Get your country on at the free Kickoff Concert in Centennial Olympic Park with performances by Uncle Kracker and Sheryl Crow on Saturday.
6) If you’re a fan of football and flippers, visit the world’s largest aquarium, the Georgia Aquarium, for a discounted price during Fan Days.
7) For diehard fans, be sure to check out the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game FanZone at the Georgia World Congress Center before the game for some free swag and to see the official team walks.
8) Speed over to Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Advocare 500 where drivers take part in the Labor Day NASCAR Night Race Weekend.
9) Check out one of Georgia’s grandest attractions, Stone Mountain, and be sure to stay for the spectacular laser show after dark.
10) Eat at The Varsity – the world’s largest drive-in restaurant, an Atlanta institution since 1928. “What’ll ya have?”