Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Our family is so guilty of shoe overflow especially in our garage. I am just as guilty as the kids. When I wear out a pair of running shoes, I throw them in the garage and use them as garden shoes. I currently have 3 pairs in there for that purpose. I also save my older sons shoes for my next child, mainly for use in our backyard creek. So how does one take that mess and make it into something you are not embarrassed to have the neighbors see?
I was gone an hour from when I received the text and I got home. The project was completed. So this is not rocket science folks, just storage solutions. Here are the dimensions of the piece that can be used horizontally or vertically. Just be sure you know which way before you assemble the piece.
Here are the dimensions from the Closetmaid Website.
- Stackable Storage Organizers are a convenient way to hold shoes, hobbies, media and office supplies. Designed to work perfectly with other Stackable Storage Organizers.
- Cubes provide unique storage possibilities
- Ideal for almost anywhere and a great way to organize all of your shoes
- Available in a variety of finishes/colors
- Easy to assemble
- NOTE – If ordering online please verify color purchased
- Material: Laminated wood
- CARB 93120 Compliant
- Inside Dimensions of 1 Cube: 5.75 in. H x 4.5 in. W x 11 in. D
- I originally thought I would put this in my daughters closet for shoes and sports equipment or our sons’ room to store Lego’s or Playmobile toys. The storage unit gave off an amazing odor that lasted for quite sometime. It is that laminated wood? WOW, we left it in our garage with the door open to help with the smell. The ClosetMaid rep is getting back to me about this. She said it was not normal.
- The cubes were a little small for Lego sets sporting equipment. I suggested taking out one of the rows but my husband did not like the look of the exposed grooves…
- Be gentle when screwing into the boards as the laminate may split
- Perfect for our garage use, and I chose the dark color to offset the dirt.
- The cubes were best for kids shoes, hard to fit 2 adult shoes without smooshing together, ie. Running shoes or Danskos
- Good improvement from the milk crate we used, you can actually see what you are storing.
- We did not use it but you can assemble this unit to the wall.
I will be giving away one of these shoe cubes tomorrow in the mother’s day giveaway.