Who says you can’t have chocolate for every meal on Valentines Day. I wanted to share a fun Valentines Day Breakfast will surely warm the hearts of your Valentines Day. What would your family say if you served them some double Chocolate baked Donuts for Valentine’s Day Breakfast?
Doughnuts are always a special treat at our house and with Valentines Day being a Saturday this year, you will have some extra time to create these decadent breakfast treats. Don’t forget to purchase a donut pan before attempting this recipe.
Double Chocolate Baked Donuts
Making homemade Doughnuts is really not a hard process, especially when they are baked there is no oil mess. If you can make a cupcake you can make baked donuts.
What fun to include some yummy TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk to make them even more chocolatey. Chocolate Milk is a treat in our house and we love that TruMoo has no artificial growth hormones, no high fructose corn syrup and is fresh from your trusted dairy.
The kids also thought it had great Chocolate Marshmallow flavor!
How to Make Glaze for Baked Donuts
Now for the chocolate glaze. Be sure to sift your ingredients so you don’t have chunks of powdered sugar in your glaze.
Instead of plain milk or water we added TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk. Do you see where we are going with this Valentines Day Breakfast?
Adding Sprinkles to Doughnuts.
Have fun with this part. Dip each top of the doughnut into the chocolate glaze and add sprinkles. What are donuts without any sprinkles?
I know you will be tempted to dig right into your chocolate treats, but allow the glaze to harden before spreading out the chocolate breakfast treat.
I bet you can’t eat just one… well maybe you want to save your self for some Valentines Day Dessert. Finding the right balance between happy and healthy is never easy.
Other Baked Donut Recipes:
If you like to serve red food on Valentines Day be sure to check out our Red Velvet Baked Donuts . Or maybe you are more of a traditionalist, try these yummy Cinnamon Sugar Baked donuts.
Double Chocolate Glazed Baked Donuts
Baked chocolate donuts are dipped in a rich chocolate glaze and topped with your favorite, sprinkles Double Chocolate Glazed Baked Donuts
For the donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp instant coffee granule, optional
- 1/4 cup milk, we used TRU MOO Chocolate Marshmallow Milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- FOR GLAZE
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk or water We used we used TRU MOO Chocolate Marshmallow Milk)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Sprinkles, mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
- Spoon in a greased donut pan or use a ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them. Keep watch no one wants burnt doughnuts.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing.
- FOR GLAZE
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Slowly stir in milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until silky and smooth. Add more milk to make a good consistency.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 Donut
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 23mgSodium 84mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 5g
Laura bought one last year and love it…
HOw have I never heard of a donut pan? These look so much easier and healthier than the fried version I have made in the past
I just bought a donut pan!! Need to try this recipe!
Donuts are my favorite! I always have TruMoo in the fridge. My son loves it.
Those look fantastic. I want to make up a batch for my kids.
My husband worked as a dairy manager for years and sold true moo. Good product. This recipe looks amazing.
Oh my gosh these look so delicious. I want to make these so bad.
These look so yummy can’t believe they know have Marshmallow milk. Once again you hit a home run with another yummy recipe.
I love baked donuts – looks look really tasty
These donuts sound amazing! I’ll have to make these.
Chocolate Doughnuts are my favorite 🙂 Instead of using the wisk use a spatula … it keeps the air out and keeps your mixture in tact
Now that looks sooo good. I like your thinking.
OMG i am in heaven. these look so sinful I want to eat them all.
Now that looks right up my alley! My kids love this Tru moo, it is their favorite. The donuts would go great with it!
Oh my gosh, I love donuts and chocolate. I’d love to try these.
You had me at double chocolate. I love the idea of using TrueMoo in the ingredients – must have come out delicious!
Those sound heavenly! I can’t wait to try those.