After making 4 loaves of zucchini bread, I did not feel motivated to search for a new recipe. So what does one do with 2 1/2 lbs of zucchini that you really cant just give away? Not only that but I have not seen a new zucchini bud on my plant. This 5 pounder has really sucked out the energy.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts-optional
- Optional Crumb topping
- (1/2 c. regular oats, 1/2 c. brown sugar, 1/4 c. flour, 1/4 t. cinnamon, 1/4 c. butter.) using a fork mix up the topping until pea size and spread onto muffins or bread
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.