The holidays are hectic and there is so much to bake and decorate. Take a break from the oven with these chocolate Oat Bars recipe that is easy to make and you probably have everything in your pantry already. No bake cookie recipes are a time saver during the busy holidays or even in the summer when you don’t want to put on the oven. These also freeze well so make them ahead of time for even more of a time saver. Can’t wait to see what you think of these Chocolate Oat Bars.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine*
- 1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups uncooked quick oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips--Optional
- Grease 9 inch square baking pan. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and vanilla;mix will Add the oats to the pan.
- Cook over low heat 2 or 3 minutes or until ingredients are well -blended.
- Press half of the mixture into prepared pan. Use back of large spoon to spread mixture evenly.
- Melt chocolate chips in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. (or just microwave, I used a 2 cup liquid measuring glass)
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Pour chocolate mixture over oat mixture in pan;spread evenly with a knife or back of spoon.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture over chocolate layer, pressing in gently.(you can add the optional mini or regular chocolate chips now too)
- Cover and refrigerate 2 or 3 hrs or overnight. Bring to room temperature to cut into bars.
- (Bars can be frozen; let thaw at least 10 minutes before serving).
I felt the original recipe mixture which uses 1 cup of butter had a lot of butter at the bottom of the pan and could use a little less butter
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 261 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 27mg Sodium 141mg Carbohydrates 26g Fiber 2g Sugar 16g Protein 4g
What is your favorite no bake cookie recipe? Love for you to share and I can try it!