This post about Chocolate Strawberry Cake Recipe was sponsored by American Heritage Chocolate as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary product to facilitate my review.
This is not the first time I have written about AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate . A few years ago I went to an event in Colonial Williamsburg where I first sampled this unique chocolate. I came home and made these amazing chocolate pomegranate bites that are a great dessert around the winter holidays. I have not seen the chocolate sold many places and was thrilled when I was informed that AMERICAN HERITAGE® chocolate can be found at your local Cracker Barrel® Old Country Store for a limited time.
All American Heritage Chocolate products are certified Kosher, made with all-natural ingredients and no preservatives. Their chocolate is fashioned from recipes from the 18th century and use a sprinkling of spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, orange, and red pepper providing this cake with a unique and rich flavor that is not found in your typical cocoa. American Heritage Chocolate Bites are the perfect mouthful of rich, slightly spicy chocolate that are the perfect snack size and also great for grating over this cake.
Since I had some other product on hand, I chose to make this chocolate strawberry cake with the AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate Drink. I adapted the cake recipe from their website.
The batter is made from heating milk and butter and mixing in the chocolate drink mix.
I only made a one layer cake to simulate more of a strawberry shortcake dessert, plus saved on calories!
The chocolate drizzle includes more of the chocolate drink mix. I just loved how it splattered down the sides of the cake.
Top the chocolate ganache cake with fresh strawberries that I sliced and added some sugar since they were not that sweet.
Top with whipped cream and a generous shaving of the American Heritage Chocolate Bites. The flavor is subtle so keep shaving more on top. No one will complain trust me.
Now it is time to enter to win an American Heritage Chocolate Prize Pack (ARV $109.95) and make your own Chocolate Strawberry Cake!
Influence Central will randomly select 5 winners from all program entries and will handle fulfillment of the winning prizes. Contest opens on April 8, 2016 and closes April 29, 2016
- 1/3 cup American Heritage Finely Grated Chocolate Drink
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup American Heritage Finely Grated Chocolate Drink
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries sweetened with a little sugar if necessary
- American Heritage Chocolate Bites
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease one 9” cake pan, set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan bring the buttermilk or sour milk, sugar and butter to a simmer. Cook until the sugar and butter both dissolve. Remove from the heat, stir in the chocolate and mix until it dissolves.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until incorporated. Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan filling about 2/3 full. Bake until the center is firm and cake tester insert comes out clean, about 16 minutes. Let cool.
- To make chocolate drizzle bring the heavy cream and butter to a simmer. Add powdered sugar and stir quickly. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate, mixing until it is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cover layer of cooled chocolate cake with chocolate glaze, cut strawberries and whipped cream.
- Grate American Heritage Chocolate Bites over whipped cream and serve. Store in fridge.
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 256Saturated Fat 8gCholesterol 50mgSodium 382mgCarbohydrates 33gSugar 21gProtein 2g