It is a great time to make this recipe, as the farm stands are still full of the veggies needed for this recipe. If you are lucky, maybe your own garden might be overflowing with tomatoes and veggies ready for a quick but romantic Gazpacho Soup Recipe with Shrimp. As I said, this is no plain gazpacho, it has shrimp to make a complete course. Well, more like a heavy appetizer for bigger eaters like us. Gazpacho soup would be a perfect lunch to serve some ladies as you can make it ahead and tastes better after you let it sit.
Be sure to add a lemon slice as an extra touch and flavor component.
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp , deveined- peeled
- 3/4 pound large plum tomatoes , about 6, seeded,
- 1 green bell pepper - chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped
- 1/2 large cucumber , seeded, - peeled
- 1 bunch green onions - chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves - chopped
- 1 large jalapeno chili - minced
- 4 cups tomato juice - chilled, I used low sodium
- ;Combine first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Add shrimp; cover mixture and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Combine tomatoes, green and red bell peppers, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and jalapeno in large bowl. Add tomato juice. Stir in shrimp mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve. Bon Appetit April 1991
Nutrition InformationYield 5
Amount Per Serving Calories 134Cholesterol 95mgSodium 315mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 10g
What veggies to you put in your Gazpacho soup recipes?