This is a sponsored post about How To Keep Produce Fresh Longer for SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid. #FreshWorksFreshness
Don’t you just love Spring time with all the fresh veggies flooding the supermarkets? I am guilty as charged for buying more than I need simply because I am excited to see the fresh produce. It is so disappointing to find fresh veggies that have spoiled before I found a good use for them. Well, now we have a solution for you, have you heard of Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver containers? Trust me you will be excited to find them if you buy a lot of fresh fruit and veggies. Plus we are sharing an amazing and super easy Clean Eating Strawberry Spinach Quinoa Salad Recipe that the ingredients were stored in a Rubbermaid FreshWorks Container.
How To Keep Produce Fresh Longer
Why Use FreshWorks Produce Saver?
- Keeps Produce Fresher, Longer: This product uses FreshVentTM technology to keep produce fresher up to 80%* longer than traditional produce packaging. FreshVent regulates the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide to create the optimal environment so produce stays nearly as fresh as the day it was picked, while the CrispTrayTM helps reduce moisture and spoilage.
- Reduces Waste: How often did you forget you bought something and find it spoiled in the veggie drawer? Now it will last longer so you will find it good enough to eat. (assuming you find it within a few weeks)
- Saves Money: As a result of throwing away fresh produce, Americans waste $24 billion worth of produce every year, which is the equivalent of $192 per household.**
- Easy to Use: No fancy method. Use it like any other reusuable container, just be sure to but the crisp tray at the bottom.
- Microwave and top shelf dishwasher safe, BPA-free.
- Available in three sizes to hold all types of produce:
- Small (2.5 Cups): Ideal for small berries.
- Medium (6.3 Cups): Perfect for strawberries.
- Large (17.3 Cups): Optimal for leafy greens.
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks™ containers vs. store packaging. Results may vary depending upon produce and use.
If you buy produce in bulk like I do often, this is a great way to ensure that they last the time needed to consume them all. I buy lettuce, especially spinach kale mixture in the large plastic containers. Have you ever noticed that after a week or so the bottom starts to have wilted leaves?
If you place your produce in one of a Rubbermaid FreshWorks Container it will last much longer. Just look how fresh this salad mixture looks after being stored properly.
Strawberries are another fruit that starts to ripen too quickly. Do not wash them, but place inside a Rubbermaid FreshVent container and you won’t be throwing out the browned strawberries that your family did not get to quickly enough.
Speaking of spinach and strawberries… I could not resist making this amazingly easy and clean eating salad recipe for dinner. Quinoa has a lot of protein so this is truly a main course meal.
Layer your quinoa with your spinach and toss slightly. Add your berries, walnuts and feta and repeat. WARNING: it might be me, but quinoa gets everywhere when I cook with it.
Make a simple lemon and olive oil dressing and pour over the salad ingredients. Since spinach won’t wilt very quickly, I dressed my salad a few hours before dinner. I think this was a great way to allow the flavors to meld together as well.
Just look at these fresh spring ingredients enjoying the same bowl. Both the spinach and strawberries were bought in bulk about a week ago and still were ready to go for this dinner.
Be sure to check out this other yummy Quinoa Salad recipe:
Strawberry Spinach Quinoa Salad Recipe
Strawberry Quinoa Salad Recipe
A hearty but light summer salad filled with strawberries and protein-rich Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach, or to taste (we used power salad mix with kale)
- 2 cups walnuts, toasted optional
- 1 4 ounce container feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup thinly sliced strawberries, or to taste
- Place quinoa in a saucepan. Pour 2 cups water over quinoa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover. Simmer until quinoa is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain if needed; cool completely .
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl; stir until dressing is combined.
- Pour half of the quinoa into a large salad bowl. Add 1 handful of baby spinach; stir together. Add 1 handful of walnuts, feta cheese, and strawberries; stir until mixed. Repeat layering and stirring quinoa, spinach, feta cheese, and strawberries until all ingredients are mixed together. Top with dressing.
- Can be made ahead of time too
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 333Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 17mgSodium 188mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 10g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
How To Keep Produce Fresh Longer Giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I like that FreshVent regulates the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide to create the optimal environment so produce stays nearly as fresh as the day it was picked, while the CrispTray helps reduce moisture and spoilage.
I like that it is Microwave and top shelf dishwasher safe, BPA-free.
Definitely the way it keeps everything fresher for longer- we have that issue here!
I’m ready to save money! I can stock up when fruits and veggies are on sale and store them longer.
We love saving money and the freshness of delicious fruits and veggies! Great article on how Rubbermaid FreshWorks is a must-have product #freshworksfreshness #ad
I am excited that it keeps my fruits and veggies fresher for longer.
I love how the crisp tray reduces spoilage! I am confident that my family’s fresh veggies and fruits intake would improve with these storage containers.
These are so nice! Perfect for fresh fruit and vegetables!
I like that these reduce waste.
It gets old having to throw out produce.
I like that they keep produce fresher for longer.
I always have the same problem in spring–all the produce looks so amazing I over-buy and then end up eating (extremely) sub-par veggies or completely needing to throw them out. So I’d love to try these out!
I HAVE this 3 piece set and love love love how it keeps my produce for such a long time. Would love to win me a second set.
I appreciate that all components of the FreshWorks™ container are dishwasher safe. I also look for containers that are BPA free and non-toxic, and these are both.
The different sizes and the air tight seal it provides.
I like the different sizes.
I like that it reduces waste.
I like that they come in different sizes so you don’t have to use a large container that takes up a lot of space just for a handful of berries.
I would LOVE to keep produce fresher longer (in a dishwasher safe container!) With just Hubz and me at home now mostly, it is difficult to finish a whole container of strawberries or and entire pineapple or other produce before it spoils.
I like that they Keep Produce Fresher, Longer because I would like to cut down on wasting food!
I love the FreshVent technology!
I like that they are microwave safe and dishwasher safe.
That they keep produce fresh 80% longer – I really hate wasting food!
I like they are clear so you can see through to know what is inside. Too often I’ve put a container in the frig and forget all about it.
I like that they are dishwasher and microwave safe.
I like the different sizes.
I like the different sizes so I could keep my berries separate from greens until we are ready to eat.
I like that it is dishwasher safe and will keep my produce 80% fresher.
I like that it is microwave and dishwasher safe.
I like that it keeps produce fresher up to 80%* longer.
They are quality and will last. I like that a lot.
I am excited that they help keep produce fresher for longer.
Those containers sound like a great idea. I’m going look out for them. This salad looks delicious and I’m loving the strawberry spinach combination.
This looks so light and fresh! I love salads with fruit in them!
I am going to have to look for Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver containers because I feel like I am always tossing produce too soon. This would help me keep things fresh. Love this salad recipe too, perfect for summer.
Your recipe looks fabulous and I’m going to try and find some of these containers, too!
I definitely need a FreshWorks Produce Saver! I buy so much produce at one time and this sounds like a great way to keep it fresh for as long as possible! I’ll have to enter your giveaway! 🙂 This salad looks delicious! I love quinoa in salads. It adds such a nice texture. Thanks for sharing!