When it comes to kids and tacos in our home, we can’t get enough. While I will make turkey tacos a lot, (you know the kind ground meat, taco seasoning and hard tacos) I like to mix things up for our family, especially the adults. With a little pre-planning you can make these amazing Mango and Flank Steak Tacos.
I am not talking days in advance preparation for this recipe, really only making sure you have ripe mangos and marinating your flank steak or flat iron steak at least a few hours before dinner. For this recipe I ended up marinating our steak in Stubbs Steak marinade about 24 hours. (makes for a happy steak!)
Being that it was too cold to grill outside, even for this Chicago Native, I pulled out our grill pan and quickly grilled the steak. What I love about flank steak is the short cooking time and affordability. You can have a “steak dinner” any day of the week.
Since I was grilling inside I thought I would toast up the Corn tortillas on the gas cook top. Do not walk away while doing this or you will end up in smoke and flames! I think it gives them a little extra flavor.
Steak and onions compliment each other so well, I also grilled up a little red onion for those interested. I served guacamole, thinly sliced mango, sour cream, cheese and tomato with the thinly sliced Stubbs Marinated steak.
HEATNESS WARNING: My kids don’t mind spicy food, they did ask for a lot of milk that night but loved the flavor. The Stubbs steak marinade does have a little kick to it but in my opinion makes a great steak taco!
Mango and Flank Steak Tacos Recipe
- 2 lb flank steak or flat iron steak
- Stubbs Beef Marinade ( about 1/2 bottle)
- Corn or flour tortillas, taco size
- Mango, thinly sliced
- Red Onion (optional)
- Shredded cheese
- Marinate a flank steak in Stubbs Beef Marinade at least 4 hours or preferably overnight
- Grill until preferred doness, about 5 mins per side for medium rare
- Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes, covered in tin foil.
- Slice thinly against the grain
- Fill corn tortillas with sliced mango, and other ingredients.