During the summer I love to make desserts in mason jars, especially for bbqs. There is something about each person having their own dessert cup that is really fun. I have seen dump cakes all over Pinterest and thought this would be a fun thing to try to make in a mason jar. You can make this recipe all year round with either fresh or canned fruit. I know don’t judge this is a super quick recipe that can be assembled in minutes. Trust me after this you will be looking for more Mason Jar Recipes like these mason jar cheesecakes.
Once you pick your fruit and cake flavors ready to assemble the clean large mouth mason jars.
Divide the one can among 6 mason jars. Next time I will add fresh blueberries to the mixture as well.
Using about 1/2 of the box cake mixture or about 1/4 cup of mix per mason jar, add the next layer.
Dollop with 1 tablespoon of butter.
Cover with the topping mixture. (Nuts are optional)
Bake and allow to cool slightly.
Before serving dollop with whipped topping.
Each Guest gets a yummy mason jar dessert to themselves. What mason jar recipes do you like to make?
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 can pie filling
- 1 Box Cake Mix, yellow, white, chocolate
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- mini mason jars
- Whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the blueberries and drain them.(if using as main flavor)
- Place approximately 1/2 cup of fresh or canned fruit filling in the bottom of each mason jar.
- Using about half a box for 6 cakes, sprinkle the cake mix over the fruit
- Cut the butter into six even slices, about 1 tablespoon. Place ontop of cake
- Place all of the mason jars on a cookie sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove cakes from the oven and let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Either use Mini mason jars if you have them if not use regular wide mouth jars
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408 Saturated Fat: 2g Sodium: 628mg Carbohydrates: 79g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 42g Protein: 4g