Labor Day is a great excuse for having an outdoor barbeque before summer ends. If you are having a crowd and want a fun make ahead dessert recipe, then you must check out this Easy Cheesecake Recipe in a jar. Not only is this an easy dessert recipe, but serving them in mason jars is super fun and festive. This cheesecake recipe is more of a parfait layered in a mason jar but also lightened up so you not feel guilty for indulging in this dessert recipe. It is also a perfect no-cook dessert that can be made ahead so you can enjoy your party.
Feel free to mix up the fruit topping with whatever fruit combinations your family likes, or what is in season where you live. This cheesecake recipe is super easy and I can’t wait to mix things up with different flavors. They also have those flavored whipped toppings and cream cheese fillings for an even easier recipe. (Just not low-fat)
You can make the “cheesecake” portion of the recipe the night before and just store in your fridge. Using low-fat cream cheese and non fat yogurt gives you permission to eat more than one! You can assemble them a few hours in advance too for easy entertaining.
When assembling this dessert recipe, I think it is easier to make assembly line. Just give yourself enough counter space and have fun putting together this dessert recipe. Never thought about this until now but you could have different crumbs and fruit toppings and make it into a cheesecake bar…. New idea for my next get together!
Once assembled store them in the fridge until ready to serve. For an extra touch, tie a plastic spoon onto the jar and cover with the lid.
Want a bite? What flavor combinations would you try?
Cheesecakes in A Jar
A perfect no cook and low fat version of Cheesecake in a jar recipe
- 1 pound berries, washed and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 8 Ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain or Vanilla Nonfat Greek yogurt, you can use regular yogurt too
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups frozen nonfat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2/3 cup graham cracker or shortbread crumbs, oreo would work too
- Mint to garnish, optional
- In a bowl sprinkle strawberries with sugar, toss and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt, confectioners sugar and extract until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping.
- To assemble jars, layer cookie crumbs, cream cheese filling and fruit. Repeat layers and add dollop of whipped topping and garnish with mint and a sprinkle of cookie crumbs.
Make ahead and store in fridge. You can easily half or double this recipe too.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 388Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 30mgSodium 230mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 4gSugar 31gProtein 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.