This shop about this Slam Dunk Snack Mix Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameSnacks #CollectiveBias
In order to celebrate the end our my son’s basketball season, I thought I would make a fun Snack Mix to share at their trophy party. While I have made the traditional snack mix with cereal many times before, I just could not resist trying something with the new Cheez-It Crunch’d and Grooves I noticed at our store recently. I have used Cheez-Its in my other snack mix but there was something about the great orange colors and vibrant flavors that kept pulling me in their direction for this recipe. Plus I love the shape of the Cheez-It Crunch’d they look like a little basketball game. So whether its a end of season Basketball party or just watching your favorite Basketball Team on TV, you need to make a double recipe of this very flavorful SLAM DUNK SNACK MIX.
If easy but flavorful is your favorite way to cook then you will love to just dump all the ingredients in a bowl, stir it slightly and then allow to bake in a low oven for less than an hour. This is the perfect crowd pleaser snack mix, there are so many different ingredients in this Slam Dunk Snack Mix Recipe you are sure to please everyone. You many not be rooting for the same basketball team, but this snack mix is a over all winner. (you can omit the peanuts if you worry about allergies, we just love mixed nuts in our snack mix.)
Some snack mix recipes use so many different spices it starts to be expensive. No worries with this Slam Dunk Snack Mix Recipe, you just mix a cup of oil with a packet of your favorite Ranch Dressing mix and that is it. The original recipe called for butter flavored popcorn oil, I could not find it at my store, but I did find a spray bottle with the same flavor.
Ready for the hard part… Please I am not asking you to shoot a 3 pointer: Just mix the ingredients so they are all coated well with the seasoning mix but you don’t want to crush the crackers. Lay it on a cookie sheet and bake, just turning every 15 minutes.
I could not wait to try this snack mix, but just allow it to cool, it tastes so much better. Trust me 🙂
In a few photos we also used a dry erase pen to decorate some orange bowls I had on hand to replicate a basketball. You are going to want to put out a big bowl of this stuff.
Sorry for the multiple pictures, I could not decide which photo I liked best.
Never heard of Cheez-It Crunch’d before? I did not either until I saw them at Walmart, but not in the cracker Aisle. I found them in the chip aisle at the very bottom. Plus, it’s a completely new product; Crunch’d is Cheez-It’s first-ever crunchy puff made with 100% real cheese. Puffed-Up Crunch with Real Cheese. A flavor I have never tasted before. It comes in both Cheddar Cheese and Hot and Spicy. Because there were kids involved, I went with Cheddar Cheese.
I chose the Cheez-It Grooves as well for this Snack Mix Recipe because of all the fun flavors and because they are flat almost like a chip and could be easily dipped into your favorite game day dip. You can find such complimentary flavors such as Zesty Cheddar Ranch, Original Cheddar, and Sharp White Cheddar.
I found all the ingredients necessary at my Walmart Store.
- 3 cups Cheez-It Crunch'd Cheddar Flavor
- 1 1/2 cups miniature pretzels
- 3 cups Cheez-It Grooves crackers, combination of flavors
- 1 cup Cheez-It Asiago crackers
- 1 cup mixed nuts or peanuts
- 1 cup of canola oil or butter-flavored popcorn oil
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Butter flavored spray if you don't use the butter flavored oil
- 1. In a very large bowl, combine all the crackers, pretzels and nuts. In a small bowl, combine oil and salad dressing mix. Pour over cracker mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan or spread them among 2 pans.
- 3. Spray the mixture with the butter flavored spray and coat generously. Stir one more time.
- Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Feel free to coat one more time with the butter spray. Cool completely. Store in a plastic or plastic container.