I’m partnering with Sweet’N Low® to bring you one of my new favorite holiday recipes -fun Meringue Christmas Trees
Counting down the days until Christmas has never been sweeter! This year, I’m singing along to “12 Days of Christmas” with Sweet’N Low® and celebrating the holiday season with a new recipe inspired by the classic song.
My recipe is based off the 11th day of the song, “11 Pipers Piping,” and I thought meringue cookies would be a perfect fit!. A simple yet carefully piped cookie that can be made into festive trees, and that’s low in sugar, will have your caroling along with us.
How to Make Meringue Christmas Trees
HOW TO WHIP YOUR MERINGUE
Whip your egg whites, Sweet’N Low® and sugar to get a stiff consistency like this other meringue recipe.
Add green food coloring to get desired green color. You can use gel or liquid food coloring.
The easiest way to add your mixture into a piping bag is to put the pastry bag into a tall glass and then add your mixture. Be sure to press the meringue down gently.
Gently pipe a tree shape, making the base of the tree the size of a quarter and then quickly releasing the bag to get a narrow top.
Add sprinkles and a star on top. (I am not sure if the star was too heavy as some of my trees fell over in the oven)
Bake in a low temperature oven for about 2 hours.
How to store Meringue Christmas Trees
These meringues will last for at least a week in a tight container and are the perfect one bite Christmas treat.
How to use Sweet’N Low® when baking.
- When baking with Sweet’N Low®, it is recommended to keep ½ of the sugar in the recipe to ensure proper volume, texture and browning.
- In addition to using the product in your favorite recipes, Sweet’N Low® easily dissolves in hot and cold beverages.
- For more information on Sweet’N Low® and for more sweet seasonal recipes, visit sweetnlow.com or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Christmas Tree Meringue Recipe
- 4 Egg Whites, cold
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsps Sweet N' Low® 8 oz. box or 8 packets Sweet’N Low®
- ⅛ tsp Cream of Tartar
- Green Food Coloring or Green Food Gel
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper
- Prepare a pastry bag and fit it with a large tip.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium-high until light and foamy for about 2 minutes. Turn the mixer down and slowly add sugars while the mixer is running. Add cream of tarter.
- Increase mixer to high and continue mixing until egg whites are smooth and glossy, about 5 minutes more.
- Add food coloring /gel, mixing on medium, until the meringue reaches your desired color of green.
- Transfer the meringue to a piping bag and pipe into tree shapes on prepared baking sheet. The base of each tree about the size of a quarter.
- Top the trees with sprinkles and a star if desired .
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake until very dry and crisp, rotating the pans halfway through, about 2 hours hours. Be sure to check them so they don't brown to much.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 334mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 0gSugar 71gProtein 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
More 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes:
Check out other Sweet’N Low® recipes inspired by verses of the song, by visiting the following links…
Day 1: Partridge In A Pear Tree Pie – Mommy’s Memorandum
Day 2: Turtle Cheesecake – Words of Deliciousness
Day 3: French Butter Cookies – Grandma’s Briefs
Day 4: Four Calling Birds Cupcakes- Simply Southern Mom
Day 5: Apple Fritter Rings – Belly Full
Day 6: Chocolate Mousse Parfait – From Val’s Kitchen
Day 7: Swans Profiteroles – Mom Skoop
Day 8: Caramel Pots de Crème – Hungry Couple
Day 9: Cranberry Orange Dream Bars – You’re on it!
Day 10: Earl Grey Chocolate Truffles – Lowcarb-ology