The reviews of these Peppermint Layered Cookies from My Recipes were so good I thought I would give them a whirl. However, I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this. After reading a reviewer state she made a layered cookie in a pan I thought I would revise this one.
I also did not want 70 cookies so I halved the recipe. For the complete recipe you can look here.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- 20 to 25 drops red food coloring
- 15 to 20 drops green food coloring
- 10 ounce white chocolate, finely chopped
- 5 ounces peppermint candy canes or peppermint candies, finely crushed Red sprinkles