Let’s face it it is Fall time and cooler temperatures are here if you like it or not. Just because the weather cools off does not mean after school activities slow down either. Since I want a warm home cooked meal most nights I look to my slow cooker for a lot of meals. My crock pot is on the counter 3 or the 7 days during the fall time. I wanted to share this amazing slow cooker Chicken chili recipe that you can add frozen raw chicken, no prep besides cutting a few veggies you may choose to add.
I have also nick named this recipe, recycle day chili. Since most of the items are canned I like to do it around recycle day!!I had some cubed frozen chicken breasts in my freezer so I experimented and threw those in. They did get a little broken up but I thought it was a delicious dish anyway.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 2 can (15 oz each .) of beans, rinse ( I used dark red kidney & Black beans)
- 1 can (15oz) Diced tomatoes with lime (red gold)
- 1 can (15 oz.) Dice Tomatoes with green chilis (red gold brand)
- (or use 1 1/2 cups of salsa and 1 can no salt tomato sauce instead of 2 cans of tomatoes)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder (add more or less depending on your tastes)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-size pieces ( mine were frozen)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 can of corn
- Choose to add chopped green or red peppers
- 1 cup Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
- sour cream
- COMBINE beans, Tomatoes (or the salsa, tomato sauce )and chili powder and cumin in slow cooker. Top with chicken, onions, celery and corn and other veggies you choose. (Do not stir.) Cover with lid.
- COOK on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours); stir.
- SERVE topped with cheese and sour cream
What is your favorite crock pot chili?